Skip to main content

Question or statement?

 EX 6:3 A statement or a question?



Targum translated by Etheridge

EX 6:1-9


AND the Lord spake with Mosheh, and said to him, I am the Lord who revealed Myself to thee in the midst of the bush, and said to thee, I am the Lord. And I was revealed unto Abraham, and to Izhak, and to Jakob, as EI‑Shaddai; but My Name Ye‑ya, as it discovereth My Glory,[1] was not known to them. [JERUSALEM. And the Lord was revealed in His Word unto Abraham, to Izhak, and to Jakob, as the God of Heaven; but the Name of the Word of the Lord was not known. to them.] And I confirmed also My covenant with them, to give them the land of Kenaan, the land of their sojourning in which they were sojourners. And now cometh before Me the groaning of the sons of Israel, because the Mizraee do enslave them; and I remember My covenant. Therefore say to the sons of Israel, I am the Lord; and I will bring you forth from the oppressive bondage of the Mizraee, and will deliver you from your servitude, and save you with an uplifted arm, and by great judgments. And I will bring you nigh before Me to be a people, and I will be a God unto you, and you shall know that I am the Lord your God who hath led you forth from the hard service of the Mizraee. And I will bring you into the land which I covenanted by My Word to give unto Abraham, to Izhak, and to Jakob; and I will give it to you for an inheritance. I Am the Lord. And Mosheh spake according to this to the sons of Israel; but they received not from Mosheh, through anxiety of spirit, and from the strange and hard service which was upon their hands. [JERUSALEM. From anxiety.]



The name of the word of the LORD was not known to them.  Of course the name of the word of יהוה is Yah.  And this aspect of the name was first revealed to Moses as recorded in EX 15:2.  It is abundantly clear that יהוה introduced himself unto Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by name.  As it is just as clear that these same Patriarchs called upon יהוה by name.  


In EX 8:26, as shown on the last page, the phrase “and not they will stone us”, is revealed by nothing but context to be a question, which reads” “and will they not stone us?” Which proves that it is definitely possible to translate the final phrase in Ex 6:3 as “did I not make known to them?”.  Instead of the way most have it as “I did not make known to them”.  So then, isn’t it obvious that יהוה made His name known to them?











However, a deeper look at the root word for know, that is yada/ידע will reveal something even deeper.

The ayin = eye through which one sees the world

The deleth = the door, through which the eye views the world

The yod = represents the hand of יהוה which can only be viewed through this door.  

This also represents all the power and authority that is attainable through proper knowledge. Which can only be properly ascertained when viewed through this door or lense so to speak.


The Patriarchs lacked this definitive view of Yah, which was first revealed through Moses.


It is safe to say that this verse has many layers of truthful in depth meanings. 



Exo 6:3 RNKJV 

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of El-Shaddai, but by my name יהוה was I not known to them?



(Niphal)

1b1) to be made known, be or become known, be revealed

1b2) to make oneself known

1b3) to be perceived

1b4) to be instructed








H3045

יָדַע‎ (yâdaʻ)

j.au.aa 848

Occurrence: 933

to know

to know









(Qal)

to know

to know, learn to know

to perceive

to perceive and see, find out and discern

to discriminate, distinguish

to know by experience

to recognise, admit, acknowledge, confess

to consider

to know, be acquainted with

to know (a person carnally)

to know how, be skilful in

to have knowledge, be wise

(Niphal)

to be made known, be or become known, be revealed

to make oneself known

to be perceived

to be instructed

(Piel) to cause to know

(Poal) to cause to know

(Pual)

to be known

known, one known, acquaintance (participle)

(Hiphil) to make known, declare

(Hophal) to be made known

(Hithpael) to make oneself known, reveal oneself

Origin:

a primitive root;

Notes:

to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figuratively, literally, euphemistically and inferentially (including observation, care, recognition; and causatively, instruction, designation, punishment, etc.)














Exo 6:2-3 LBP (ES) 2 And God spoke to Moses and said to him, I am the Master Yah , 3 Who appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty; but my name the master Yah  I did not make known to them. (I did not show them)


S6416

Word: חוית

Pronunciation: KhaWeeyTh

Uses in the NT: I have shown

Lexeme: חוא

Lexeme meaning: show

Part of speech: Verb

From the root word: חוא


CAL CODE HELP (in part)


D

  1 to show . --(a) lit. to enable someone to see something OfA, OfA-Egypt, Gal, PTA, Syr, Man. --(b) fig.: to allow someone to understand; to demonstrate Syr, Man, LJLA. (b.1) to teach, indicate, guide Syr, LJLA. (b.2) + "between" : to distinguish Syr.

  2 to announce, i.e., reveal previously unknown information BA-Da, Palm, Qum, JLAtg, PTA, Syr, LJLA. --(a) negatively: to denounce Syr. --(b) w. ܡܢ‏ .. X : to demonstrate change from being X Syr. (b.4) + ܕܝܼܢܵܐ‏ : to seek judgment for someone Syr. --(c) to announce as, i.e., to nominate Syr.

  3 to display apparent behavior Syr. --(a) to perform Syr. --(b) ܩܪܵܒܵܐ‏ : to make war Syr. --(c) ܡܸܪܕܵܐ‏ : to rebel Syr. --(d) ܥܲܠ ܢܲܦܫܸܗ ܐܲܝܟ‏, Syr. --(e) ܚܲܘܝܲܬ ܡܲܕܢܚܵܐ‏ : the sun appears Syr. --(f) ܚܲܘܝܼܘ ܩܲܫܝܵܐܝܼܬ‏ to appear excessive ? Syr.

  4 to issue new currency Syr.


C

  1 to show, demonstrate Gal, JBA, LJLA. --(a) p.p. manifest, clear JBAg.

  2 to announce, tell BA-Da, Gal. --(a) w. _ב ‏ : to discuss LJLA.

  3 to indicate non-verbally, make a sign JBA.

  4 w. ˀpyn : to greet JBA, JBAg.


Dt

  1 to be informed JLAtg, Syr, LJLA. --(a) to be told through revelation JLAtg, LJLA.

  2 to appear, be manifest PTA, Syr, JBA, Man, LJLA. --(a) to seem Syr. --(b) to be found Syr.







© The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon ©

Sat, 09 Jan 2021 22:22:22 -0500





Exo 6:2-3 ABP2006 wo cr 2 [spoke And God] to Moses, and said to him, I am the LORD. 3 And I appeared to Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, [God being their]. And my name, the LORD, was not manifested to them.


Exo 6:2-3 LOGOS 2 And God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord. 3 And I appeared to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, being their God, but I did not manifest My name Lord to them.




LSJ Gloss:

δῆλος

visible, conspicuous

Dodson:

δῆλος

clear, manifest, evident.

Strong's:

δῆλος

clear

Derivation: of uncertain derivation;

KJV Usage: + bewray, certain, evident, manifest.







TBESG:

δῆλος

clear

G:A

δῆλος, -η, -ον

[in LXX for אוּר, etc. ;]

__1. visible.

__2. clear to the mind, evident: Mat.26:73; δ. (sc. ἐστίν), before ὅτι, Refs.†

SYN.: φανερός, with ref. to outward appearance, manifest as opp. to concealed; δ. with ref. to inner perception, evident, known, under­stood. (AS)

Thayer: 1) clear, evident, manifest

For Synonyms see entry G5812

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words







δῆλος

dēlos

day'-los

Of uncertain derivation; clear

KJV Usage: + bewray, certain, evident, manifest.

4 occurrences of G1212 δῆλος

Matthew 26:73

betrayeth

1 Corinthians 15:27

him, it is evident

Galatians 3:11

is evident:

1 Timothy 6:7

and it is certain





1


 

 


 








H3808

ולא

and will they not

H5619

יסקלנו׃

Stone us


To add a question mark or not.  

1


1


1


Exo 8:26 HiSB וַיֹּ֣אמֶר vai·Yo·mer said מֹשֶׁ֗ה mo·Sheh, And Moses לֹ֤א lo is not נָכוֹן֙ na·chOn It is not meet לַעֲשׂ֣וֹת la·'a·Sot so to do כֵּ֔ן Ken, so כִּ֚י ki what תּוֹעֲבַ֣ת to·'a·Vat the abomination מִצְרַ֔יִם mitz·Ra·yim, Egyptian נִזְבַּ֖ח niz·Bach we shall sacrifice לַיהוָ֣ה A·do·Nai to the LORD אֱלֹהֵ֑ינוּ 'e·lo·Hei·nu; our God הֵ֣ן hen for נִזְבַּ֞ח niz·Bach lo shall we sacrifice אֶת־ 'et-  תּוֹעֲבַ֥ת to·'a·Vat the abomination מִצְרַ֛יִם mitz·Ra·yim Egyptian לְעֵינֵיהֶ֖ם le·'ei·nei·Hem before their eyes וְלֹ֥א ve·Lo not יִסְקְלֻֽנוּ׃ yis·ke·Lu·nu. and will they not stone



Exo 8:26 RNKJV And Moses said, It is not meet so to do; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to יהוה our Elohim: lo, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone us?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Branch or rising sun?

  Zech 3:8 My Servant the Branch/My Servant the Rising Sun Zec 3:8 KJV Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. Zec 3:8 LBP (ES) Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your fellows who stand before you; for you are marvelous men: Behold, I will bring forth the rising of the sun upon my servant. Or: my servant the rising sun To understand how ancient Jews understood the phrase "my servant the branch", as "my servant the rising sun", one must make a close inspection of related Hebrew words to get the clear picture: Samach means joy, from the picture of the sun shining upon the garden, and the rain falling upon the garden, and watching the flowers come to life and grow. zamach means joy from the picture of cutting off one of these flowers and sharing it with others. However, taking a sickle to the garden implies the pruning process.  A proces

I AM AND WILL BE

I AM AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE WITH YOU Jos 1:5 TS2009 PART B … As I was with Mosheh, so I am (and WILL CONTINUE TO BE) with you. I do not fail (loosen/release/relax/be slack) you nor forsake you. JOSHUA 1:5 PART B כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֨ר ka·'a·Sher I as הָיִ֤יתִי ha·Yi·ti have been עִם־ 'im- with מֹשֶׁה֙ mo·Sheh as I was with Moses אֶהְיֶ֣ה 'eh·Yeh I AM AND WILL BE עִמָּ֔ךְ 'im·Mach, with you לֹ֥א lo NoT אַרְפְּךָ֖ 'ar·pe·Cha [so] I will be with thee I will not fail וְלֹ֥א ve·Lo No אֶעֶזְבֶֽךָּ׃ 'e·'ez·Ve·ka. thee nor forsake Heb 13:5 Murdock … For the Lord himself hath said, I will never leave thee, nor slacken the hand towards thee. Heb 13:5 AEINT לא~S10878~~not הוא~S5086~~has רחם~S19813~~loved כספא~S10409~~money רעינכון~S20205~~your~mind אלא~S892~~but נספק~S14738~~let~suffice לכון~S10849~~for~you מדם~S11414~~whatever דאית~S732~~is לכון~S10849~~to~you הו~S5005~~He גיר~S3714~~for מריא~S12407~~The~Lord Yah aאמר~S1242~~has~said דלא~S10863~~n

A little Sanctuary

I WILL BE A LITTLE SANCTUARY Hos 1:9 RNKJV Then said Elohim, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and i will not be your Elohim. Hos 1:9 HiSB וַיֹּ֕אמֶר vai·Yo·mer Then said קְרָ֥א ke·Ra [] Call שְׁמ֖וֹ she·Mo his name לֹ֣א lo not עַמִּ֑י 'am·Mi; Loammi my people כִּ֤י ki for אַתֶּם֙ 'at·Tem you לֹ֣א lo are not עַמִּ֔י 'am·Mi, for ye [are] not my people וְאָנֹכִ֖י ve·'a·no·Chi I לֹֽא ־ lo- not אֶהְיֶ֥ה 'eh·Yeh become לָכֶֽם׃ la·Chem. ס sa·Mek I WILL NOT BE FOR YOU I WILL not BE in your midst The title “Elohiym”, added by translator Eze 11:16 KJV Therefore say, Thus saith the Adonay יהוה ; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, YET I WILL BE TO THEM AS A LITTLE SANCTUARY in the countries where they shall come. Eze 11:16 HiSB לָכֵ֣ן la·Chen Therefore אֱמֹ֗ר 'e·Mor, Therefore say כֹּֽה־ koh- Thus אָמַר֮ 'a·Mar Thus saith אֲדֹנָ֣י 'a·do·Nai the L