Skip to main content

Rush to Hush!

 Hurry, come in, and be quiet! It's STUDY time!


We are always in a hurry, to do this or that.  It seems, there is never enough time to get things done.  And sometimes, we just have to relax and allow ourselves to think through difficult situations, to make sure we are doing everything correctly, to achieve the best results.  

Like a Doctor, who quickly, but quietly goes over every aspect of a difficult surgery, upon which he must soon begin.  Making sure everyone knows what to do, and when to do it, and that all tools are laid out in proper order.  This is done quickly and decisively, due to ceasing to think of nothing but the surgery, and focusing all of his attention upon the task at hand.  The Doctor is only able to CARE for the patient, as he pushes distractions out of his mind, focusing his mental energy towards the care and recovery of his patient.  

A good preacher is like unto the example of the Doctor above, and Paul has an admonition for Timothy, that may well apply to many who seek to minister to others.  

2Ti 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


The Greek word for study is spoudazo, and means to make haste, exert oneself, be diligent.

The Aramaic word for study is wnet,bTel, and means to cease, to be idle, or at ease, to be concerned with.


The Greek shows us to that in order to be diligent, we must also be quick about getting this done.  While the Aramaic reveals, that in order to give proper care to the task at hand, we must cease from all other activity, as we seek to present ourselves before Elohiym, as a minister of righteousness, adequately prepared for the work of the Kingdom. 

You see, we really must Rush to Hush, as we enter into our sabbath study, allowing His word to exhort, reprove and correct us, making us instruments in our Masters hand.  

We can see, then, that study, requires diligence and rest.  Which is not a nap, but rather, a quiet time for meditation and prayer, with in depth thoughtful study. Allowing the instructions of Yah to be written upon our hearts.  

Do we really understand what it means to enter into His rest?  Perhaps, we should study out this subject in detail, so that we may truly enter into His rest through faith. Hebrews 4:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Branch or rising sun?

  Zech 3:8 My Servant the Branch/My Servant the Rising Sun Zec 3:8 KJV Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. Zec 3:8 LBP (ES) Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your fellows who stand before you; for you are marvelous men: Behold, I will bring forth the rising of the sun upon my servant. Or: my servant the rising sun To understand how ancient Jews understood the phrase "my servant the branch", as "my servant the rising sun", one must make a close inspection of related Hebrew words to get the clear picture: Samach means joy, from the picture of the sun shining upon the garden, and the rain falling upon the garden, and watching the flowers come to life and grow. zamach means joy from the picture of cutting off one of these flowers and sharing it with others. However, taking a sickle to the garden implies the pruning process.  A proces

I AM AND WILL BE

I AM AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE WITH YOU Jos 1:5 TS2009 PART B … As I was with Mosheh, so I am (and WILL CONTINUE TO BE) with you. I do not fail (loosen/release/relax/be slack) you nor forsake you. JOSHUA 1:5 PART B כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֨ר ka·'a·Sher I as הָיִ֤יתִי ha·Yi·ti have been עִם־ 'im- with מֹשֶׁה֙ mo·Sheh as I was with Moses אֶהְיֶ֣ה 'eh·Yeh I AM AND WILL BE עִמָּ֔ךְ 'im·Mach, with you לֹ֥א lo NoT אַרְפְּךָ֖ 'ar·pe·Cha [so] I will be with thee I will not fail וְלֹ֥א ve·Lo No אֶעֶזְבֶֽךָּ׃ 'e·'ez·Ve·ka. thee nor forsake Heb 13:5 Murdock … For the Lord himself hath said, I will never leave thee, nor slacken the hand towards thee. Heb 13:5 AEINT לא~S10878~~not הוא~S5086~~has רחם~S19813~~loved כספא~S10409~~money רעינכון~S20205~~your~mind אלא~S892~~but נספק~S14738~~let~suffice לכון~S10849~~for~you מדם~S11414~~whatever דאית~S732~~is לכון~S10849~~to~you הו~S5005~~He גיר~S3714~~for מריא~S12407~~The~Lord Yah aאמר~S1242~~has~said דלא~S10863~~n

A little Sanctuary

I WILL BE A LITTLE SANCTUARY Hos 1:9 RNKJV Then said Elohim, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and i will not be your Elohim. Hos 1:9 HiSB וַיֹּ֕אמֶר vai·Yo·mer Then said קְרָ֥א ke·Ra [] Call שְׁמ֖וֹ she·Mo his name לֹ֣א lo not עַמִּ֑י 'am·Mi; Loammi my people כִּ֤י ki for אַתֶּם֙ 'at·Tem you לֹ֣א lo are not עַמִּ֔י 'am·Mi, for ye [are] not my people וְאָנֹכִ֖י ve·'a·no·Chi I לֹֽא ־ lo- not אֶהְיֶ֥ה 'eh·Yeh become לָכֶֽם׃ la·Chem. ס sa·Mek I WILL NOT BE FOR YOU I WILL not BE in your midst The title “Elohiym”, added by translator Eze 11:16 KJV Therefore say, Thus saith the Adonay יהוה ; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, YET I WILL BE TO THEM AS A LITTLE SANCTUARY in the countries where they shall come. Eze 11:16 HiSB לָכֵ֣ן la·Chen Therefore אֱמֹ֗ר 'e·Mor, Therefore say כֹּֽה־ koh- Thus אָמַר֮ 'a·Mar Thus saith אֲדֹנָ֣י 'a·do·Nai the L